- Combine all ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain over ice filled rocks glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
- Preheat oven to 375 degress.
- Roast pecans in oven until mahogany colored.
- Place roasted pecans in food-grade, lidded or glass container.
- Pour entire bottle of bourbon over pecans. Cover and let sit at room temperature for one week.
- After one week, strain pecans from bourbon. In a blender, combine pecans and water and blend at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Strain and press mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Discard solids.
- Combine pecan liquid with raw sugar and cook over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add Cognac and Amaretto to combine.
- Store in refrigerator.