- Beat egg yolks until they are lemon colored.
- Gradually (yes, SLOWLY) add the bourbon to the yolks, beating vigorously until “cooked.” Mixture will thicken.
- Add milk.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar to egg whites and continue beating.
- Add whites/sugar mixture to yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream until stiff.
- Add cream to mixture, folding in gradually.
- Store in refrigerator overnight. It will separate. To serve, reincorporate gently with a wooden spoon until the egg nog is thick and creamy. If you serve it the same day, it will be too foamy.