We’re looking for an experienced digital editor to join our Charleston, South Carolina-based team. The ideal candidate will have at least three years experience working in digital media, a strong journalism background, solid research and writing skills, technical savvy, and a deep interest in Southern food culture. The candidate must be organized, inquisitive, hard-working, flexible, and collaborative.
Published ten times a year, the Local Palate celebrates the food culture of the South, highlighting the people and places that make it the most dynamic culinary region in the country. We bring readers the stories, recipes, and experiences that make food in the South distinct.
- Manage TLP’s website, including general maintenance and troubleshooting system problems
- Write and produce digital content
- Manage and generate content for TLP’s social media platforms
- Generate weekly newsletter highlighting latest print and digital content
- Develop strategies for increasing web and social media traffic
- Represent the magazine at industry events
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- At least three years of experience at a publication in a role that included digital media (day-to-day management of dynamic website, including strategic content development and placement would be ideal)
- Familiarity with CMS, SEO, and WordPress
- Excellence organizational, communication, research, writing, editing, and people skills
- Solid familiarity with Southern food culture
- Familiarity with editing recipes
- Ability to work in a small, creative, and highly collaborative environment
Please send resume and brief cover letter outlining your current job and background, as well as three published writing samples, to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply