- Mix above ingredients together in non-reactive bowl.
- Marinate for 1 hour prior to serving.
Whipped Celery Root
- Put celery root in 1-quart pot, and cover with cream. Cook on medium heat until celery root is mush and water in cream has evaporated.
- Transfer celery root mixture to blender. Add olive oil and blend until very smooth. Season to taste with salt.
- Cool mixture in refrigerator. When mixture is cold, mix 1 pint heavy cream with ¼ cup celery root mixture in mixing bowl. Whip vigorously until stiff peaks are achieved. Season with salt.
- To assemble, open your favorite oysters and place them on the half shell on a bed of ice. Place 1 tablespoon of apple mignonette on each oyster, and top with 1 teaspoon of whipped cream. Place celery leaf on top of whipped cream. Use inside stalks of celery to get lightest green leaves, these leaves are less bitter than outside leaves!