- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel apples, cut them in half, and cut out the core. Re-assemble apples standing together in a small baking dish standing upright.
- Fill each apple with ½ ounce of gRAWnola pieces mixed with the chopped dried cherries. Drizzle each apple with agave syrup. Cut butter into small pieces and sprinkle over apples. Bake for 20−25 minutes until apples are soft and beginning to brown.
- Scald the milk with the vanilla bean and cinnamon in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- In a double boiler, mix egg yolks and remaining agave. Slowly add the scalded milk to the mixture using a spatula. Continuously mix the custard in the double boiler using the spatula until it thickens, about 8−10 minutes. (Be careful not to curdle the eggs.)
- Remove apples from oven and cool slightly. Top with crème Anglaise. Serve warm.