- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Place bananas and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment and mix until combined. Add eggs, and mix until incorporated then add oil.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer, and mix until a batter forms. Do not overmix. Pour batter into buttered loaf pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
- To assemble, scoop macadamia ice cream over warm banana bread, and finish with a drizzle of dulce de leche.
Macadamia Ice Cream
- Combine chopped & toasted nuts, milk, cream and three-quarters cup sugar in a saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Whisk to combine egg yolks and remaining quarter cup sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
- Temper with egg yolks by removing the pan of hot cream mixture from the heat. Pour a third of the hot cream mixture into egg yolks while whisking then slowly pour the egg mixture into the pan of hot milk while continuing to whisk. Return pan to heat until and continue to whisk until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Strain ice cream base through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl and cool over an ice bath, whisking occasionally.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
Goats Milk Dulce de Leche
- Place all ingredients in a heavy bottomed non-reactive pot over medium heat. Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Stir often, until mixture becomes thick and golden in color.
- Cool and reserve.