- Preheat oil in sturdy pot or home fryer to 360
- Carefully remove pickles from their liquid and scatter them along center of large platter. Pour pickling liquid into small bowl suitable for dipping and/ or spooning.
- Toss shrimp in medium bowl with all-purpose flour until evenly coated. Thoroughly mix reserved batter before individually dipping each shrimp. Then carefully drop shrimp into hot oil, and fry shrimp until golden brown and floating, approximately 1 minute.
- Carefully remove shrimp from oil, and place on paper towel-lined tray. Sprinkle immediately with salt. Work in batches until all shrimp are fried and crispy.
- Arrange hot shrimp on top of pickled mango, and then top with mint, basil and cilantro. Serve hot with pickling liquid on side for dipping.
Bánh Xèo Batte
- Whisk all ingredients together in medium bowl and chill until ready to use.
- In medium pot, heat together fish sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, lime juice, sambal chili paste, garlic, and ginger over a medium high heat.
- In separate temperature safe container, combine peppers, shallot, green onion bottoms and mango. When pot comes to a simmer, remove it from heat and pour it over sliced vegetables. Place plastic wrap over surface of warm liquid to help hold vegetables under liquid.
- Let pickles cool to room temperature, remove plastic wrap and add lime zest. Reserve covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
Yield: 2 quarts