- Line the bottom and sides of a shallow glass bowl with the madeleines. Sprinkle with kirsch.
- Add the sabayon sauce on top, followed by half of the fruit.
- Top with sour cream to cover the fruit. Garnish with remaining fruit. Chill.
- Put the cream, powdered sugar, and egg yolks in a bowl over a water bath and whisk over low heat until thick.
- Remove and add butter and vanilla. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, and orange zest until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg yolks. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with flour. Refrigerate until needed.
- Heavily butter madeleine molds twice, refrigerating the molds between the two butterings. Dust with flour when set. Spoon the batter into the molds (about 1/3 the volume of the shell). Bake at 400 degrees for 5−7 minutes.