- Melt butter in 4-quart saucepot set over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, onion, potatoes, bay leaf, and thyme. Reduce heat to medium and sweat until vegetables slightly soften.
- Add wine and bring to boil. Add water/stock and bring to boil again. Season to taste. Simmer until potatoes are just knife-soft.
- Remove bay leaf and thyme sprigs. Carefully purée soup in blender until silky smooth.
- Place parsley in blender and add just enough water to make blending possible.
- Place butter in mixing bowl and add puréed parsley and garlic. Season and mix with wooden spoon.
- Pour hot soup into serving bowl. Place half the parsley butter in a sauté pan set over medium heat. Sauté snails until just warmed through.
- Add snails and remaining butter from pan to soup. Garnish each bowl with Kennebec potato chips and an extra dollop of parsley butter.