- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For grits, place milk and cream in a large pot and bring to a strong simmer. Slowly pour grits in, constantly whisking. Lower heat and continue to whisk. Once grits are cooked, add butter and seasoning. Keep warm.
- For buttermilk sour cream, place all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Season and set aside.
- Place a medium saucepot over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add onion and sweat for 3 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and paprika and sweat for 2 minutes. Add okra, lower heat, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Adjust seasoning, add julienned scallion and parsley, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan on high heat and add remaining olive oil.
- Lower heat to medium. Coat fish with blackening seasoning and sear for 45 seconds. Turn fish over and place pan in oven for 8 minutes. Remove fish from pan.
- Place a large spoonful of grits in the middle of each plate, and top with okra stew and filet of fish. Sprinkle with scallions, drizzle with buttermilk sour cream, and serve.