For the Sherry Cream
- Slice shallots and garlic.
- In a medium saucepan, gently sauté shallots and garlic until translucent.
- Add sherry and reduce over medium heat until sherry is nearly evaporated and mixture is syrupy.
- Add cream and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cover, then allow to steep at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Strain and cool completely.
For the Garnish
- Remove the stem from asparagus to make 1-inch spears (reserving stems for another use).
- Remove the stem and root end of radishes and cut each radish into four pieces.
- In a small sauté pan, combine radishes and vinegar and cook over medium high heat until vinegar is nearly evaporated.
- Add ½ cup of water to pan and repeat process. When water is nearly gone, taste a piece of radish. It should be tender. If not, add more water and continue to cook until tender.
- Peel black garlic and slice each clove into three slivers.
- Pick crab over to remove shells.
- Bring 16 ounces of cream to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add crab, caviar, and grated Manchego, and stir thoroughly.
- Continue to cook until the mixture is shiny and has large bubbles.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 6 small wide-rimmed bowls and top each with 3 asparagus tips, 3 braised radishes and 3 slivers of black garlic. Lay a slice of Manchego over the mixture. Using a blowtorch (or your broiler if you’re using oven-safe bowls), brown each until the cheese is translucent and golden brown.