- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Rub the pork belly with chili powder and red pepper flakes. Place in a pan. Pour the vinegar and Coca-Cola over the pork belly.
- Cover and bake for 2−2½ hours or until fork tender. (Check after 1½ hours)
Bourbon Honey Dijon
- Whisk all ingredients together in a stainless steel bowl. Set aside.
Buttermilk Corn Cakes
- Boil water. In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, salt, and sugar. Slowly stir in the boiling water. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Add to the cornmeal mixture. Then stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Ladle the buttermilk corn cake mixture onto the hot skillet to make 3-inch-size circles. Let cook until the edges of the corn cakes bubble, approximately 20 seconds. Flip corn cakes to cook the other side. Remove the corn cakes from the skillet. Lightly cover and place in warm oven to keep warm.
- Cube pork belly into 8 portions and place in a warm cast iron skillet.
- Caramelize each cube on one side, turn, and continue caramelizing.
- When both sides are done, pour in ¾ cups of the bourbon sauce. Let the cubes sizzle to pick up the flavors.
- Serve with the corn cakes.