- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel the squash and cut into cubes. Put in a bowl and toss with salad oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 15−20 minutes or until tender (don’t burn!) and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a sauté pan, then put pecans in pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cook on medium heat until brown (not burned!) and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, put 3 ounces of butter, then add figs, roasted butternut squash, roasted pecans, honey, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Toss vigorously until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Right before serving, throw in pomegranate seeds and toss once or twice before serving the salad. Serve warm.