- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss fennel with 1 tablespoon oil, season, and lay on sheet pan. Roast for about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Render pancetta in sauté pan set over medium heat until crispy. Remove from fat, and leave to drain on paper towel.
- In large sauté pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add clams and rendered pancetta, then deglaze with wine. Cover and steam until clams open.
- Remove lid, add fennel, peas, and prepared Pappardelle. Once pasta is hot, add butter and stir. Finish with salt and pepper.
For the pappardelle pasta:
- Run stand mixer fitted with hook attachment on low speed, and add our, oil, and salt. Slowly add yolks, 1 or 2 at a time.
- When dough comes together and starts to pull from the sides of mixer, turn mixer off and form dough ball. Wrap dough well in plastic and let rest for 1 hour.
- After resting, divide dough into 4 equal parts. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1⁄4-inch thick. Continue process with pasta machine, beginning at highest thickness and rolling until 3 or 4 on pasta machine thickness dial. Cut to 1-inch width and keep length of pasta sheet.
- Bring salted water to boil in large pot. Prepare an ice bath.
- Blanch noodles until tender (1 to 2 minutes) then plunge in ice bath immediately and drain.