“Mmm, I love these cookies so much. They are really easy if you do a few things. First, make sure butter is at room temperature. Second, use an ice cream scoop when placing dough on sheet pan; the uniformity makes a difference. Third, after scooping, chill the cookies for 20-30 minutes in the fridge. We use parchment at the bakery, but I use a Silpat at home.”
– Chef Elizabeth Chambers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter. Add all sugars to butter and cream until smooth.
- Slowly add eggs and vanilla, mixing on high until light and fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low and gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts until evenly incorporated.
- Using rounded tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Refrigerate dough for 20-30 minutes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through. Let cool for 2 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
BAKING TIP: Take a scoop of dough and level scoop. Put them ‘mound up’ on the sheet. Chill before baking. No need to squish down down.