- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt butter with chocolate.
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture and mix until uniform and sugar is fully dissolved. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir in eggs one at a time. Add scraped innards from vanilla beans.
- Add dry ingredients in thirds, mixing after each addition. Mix until incorporated. Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll balls of dough in powdered sugar and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, slightly flattening out each cookie. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar over cookies before serving.