- For pie, melt chocolate and butter together over a double boiler. While still warm, stir in milk, cream, and vanilla until homogenous.
- Stir in the sugar and salt.
- Combine eggs and cornmeal in a bowl and then add to the chocolate mixture, stirring until smooth. Pour into a par-baked pie shell and then top the filling with whole pecan halves.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- For bourbon vanilla cream sauce, combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar is fully moistened.
- Place pan over medium heat and cook without stirring until sugar begins to caramelize around the edges. Once sugar is a medium brown color around edges, turn off heat and gently swirl pan until sugar is the same color throughout. Note: Be careful because the sugar is VERY hot.