- Combine the water and canela sticks in a medium pot and cook over medium heat until reduced to 2 cups, about 15−20 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the
- Place liquid back in the pot. Add salt and butter and cook over medium heat until
- Remove from the heat and add the flour all at once, stirring vigorously to remove anyContinue stirring until the dough comes together into a smooth ball.
- Allow the mixture to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine sugar and ground canela and set
- Add the eggs to the dough, one at a time, and stir until the dough is nice and smooth.
- Fill pastry bag fitted with a large closed-star tip with dough. Remove air pockets!
- Heat oil in a fryer or deep stock pot.
- Pipe directly over fryer and cut with scissors. Fry to golden, about 4−6 minutes.
- Roll in canela-sugar mixture. Serve warm.