For Lemon Curd
- Bring the first measure of butter, first measure of sugar, lemon juice and zest to a boil in a stainless saucepot.
- Whisk together egg yolks and second measure of sugar in a bowl until smooth, then slowly add hot liquid while whisking constantly.
- Return mixture to saucepot and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid scorching.
- Remove from heat and stir in second measure of butter until smooth.
- Strain mixture into a baking dish and refrigerate until chilled, with plastic lightly pressed against the surface so that a skin does not form.
- Sift together all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients, zests included.
- Fold wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Mixture will be very lumpy.
- Brush a hot griddle or non-stick pan with a little butter, then drop 2 tablespoons of batter to form each blini.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side until fluffy.
For Roasted Strawberries
- Toss together all ingredients and allow to macerate at room temperature about an hour.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, thyme leaves, and salt.
- Place strawberries cut side down in a baking dish and pour liquid over them.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 250 degrees for approximately an hour, until strawberries have softened but still hold their shape.
- Allow to cool slightly, then transfer berries to another dish to cool.
- Strain remaining liquid and cool to use as a syrup.
For Whipped Crème Fraîche
- Whisk crème fraîche (preferably with an electric mixer) until it is light and fluffy, with stiff peaks.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Spread curd across the bottom of a bowl, then stack blini on top.
- Cover with strawberries and remaining syrup, then finish with a dollop of whipped crème fraîche.