- Teaspoons finely chopped green chilies (Serrano or Thai, about 1 chili)
- Pour stock (or water if using) and coconut milk into a medium-size pot. Pot will need a tight-fitting lid. Place on stove over high heat. While stock is coming to a boil add salt, 1 teaspoon ghee, garlic, ginger, and unsweetened coconut. Stir well.
- Add rice and bring to a boil. Once boiling, immediately reduce to low heat and cover tightly with lid. Cook 12−15 minutes, or until almost all liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- When most of the liquid is absorbed, turn off heat. Keep pot covered on burner for another 5−10 minutes. The heat inside the pot will finish steaming the rice.
- In a small frying pan heat other teaspoon of ghee over medium-high heat. Add sweetened coconut. Stir frequently until coconut is light brown.
- Remove rice lid, add sweetened coconut and ghee mixture, and fluff with a fork. Top with chopped chilies, if desired. Serve warm.