“A perfectly seasoned creamy deviled egg is a pillow for my mouth, and I have an absolute fixation and fascination with eggs of any kind of animal, any preparation.”
—Chef Shelley Cooper
- Place eggs in pan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat.
- Bring water to rolling boil for 3 minutes, cover eggs with ice water, and let cool.
- Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise. Trim tops and bottoms so they can stand up. Scoop yolks into mixing bowl with whip attachment. Whip yolks on medium speed until uniformly small pieces form.
- Add shallot, jalapeño, capers, dill, and lemon juice and zest to mixing bowl. Whip on low until mixed, then add mayonnaise and whip until incorporated. Season to taste.
- Fill each egg half with yolk mixture.