For the Crunchy Edamame
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until well mixed, then form mixture into small balls.
For the Breading
- Bread edamame balls by rolling them first in flour, then egg wash, then panko crumbs. Set aside.
For the Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix well adjusting the seasoning to taste.
- Fill 4-quart pot half full with canola oil, using a candy thermometer to know when it reaches 375 degrees. Drop edamame balls in hot oil and fry until brown, approximately 90 seconds.
- In separate frying pan, heat tortillas until they are hot.
- Place hot tortillas on serving plates and the crispy edamame on top, crushing balls slightly, as not to roll out of tortillas.