- Cover eggs with cold water and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and cover for 14 minutes.
- Add ice to pot or run under cold water to cool eggs. When cool enough to handle, peel and separate whites from yolks.
- Mash yolks and aioli until smooth. Add chopped capers and chives. Coarsely chop egg whites and fold into yolk mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss pea greens with lemon juice, olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Use to garnish egg salad.
- Serve as tramezzini (Italian untoasted sandwiches) on Pullman bread.
For Lemon Aioli
Combine egg yolks with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil with machine running, adding a drop or two of water if mixture becomes too thick. Whisk in lemon juice.