- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice each fennel bulb into 10 wedges, each about an inch thick.
- Pour olive oil into a large sauté pan and add the fennel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slice orange into ¼- inch slices and grill lightly on both sides (Note: If no grill is available, add oranges to fennel during the second roast).
- Roast fennel in oven for approximately 8 minutes or until nicely caramelized on one side. Flip each piece and roast for an additional 4-5 minutes (here is where you could add oranges). Remove from oven, toss with chopped basil and serve.