- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light.
- Add the eggs and beat; then beat in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Sift flour and salt together and add to the batter alternatively with the buttermilk; beat until smooth. Add lemon zest and coconut and mix just to combine.
- Divide between two pie shells and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30−40 additional minutes.
- Pie should turn a nice golden brown when ready and a toothpick inserted should come out clean.