- First peel the Carrots and Parsnips and split them in ½ and cut the into ½ moons about ¼ in thick.
- In a large heavy bottom sauté pan drizzle some olive oil and put on medium heat.
Add the minced ginger and garlic and let cook for a few seconds, then add the carrots and parsnips and stir well for about 2-3 min. on high heat so the vegetables began to brown just slightly.
- Once the parsnips and carrots began to cook, sprinkle ½ the amount of sugar on them, then ½ of the bourbon. Once the bourbon has cooked for a few minutes, add ¼ of the chicken stock and turn up the heat.
- Once that becomes thick add the rest of the sugar, then the bourbon and so on until the carrots and parsnips are tender but still whole their shape.
- Add the parsley and serve warm.