Goat Cheese Gnudi
- Combine all ingredients except flour and olive oil.
- Sprinkle flour over the cheese mixture and stir in.
- Cut into manageable pieces and roll into a 3⁄4-inch rope. Cut rope into 1-inch sections.
- Poach gnudi in boiling salted water just until they float.
- Drain, toss lightly in olive oil, and reserve for service.
- Toss diced butternut squash in 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper, then roast in a 400- degree oven until just tender. Remove and cool.
- To assemble, sauté gnudi in 1⁄4 cup olive oil until they begin to caramelize. Add confit, savory, and roasted squash to warm through. Finish with duck fat or soft butter. Check seasoning.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and cheese “grated” with a vegetable peeler.