- In small grill pan, heat enough oil or butter to cover bottom. Add apples to pan and grill over medium heat until grill marks appear.
- In separate pan, heat oil over medium high heat, then add gnudi and gently sauté. As they begin to brown, add butter and baste continuously. Rotate so they brown evenly on all sides.
- To serve, spoon generous amount of butternut squash purée onto plate and top with gnudi. Garnish with kale and grilled apples.
- Combine first four ingredients in kitchen aid mixer. Using paddle attachment, mix until combined and lightened.
- Add flour and fold in by hand until combined, add more if needed. Dough should be sticky but manageable.
- With floured hands, form gnudi into desired size.
- Cover bottom of sheet pan with semolina, place gnudi down on semolina and cover completely with more semolina
- Store in refrigerator overnight.
Butternut Squash Purée
- Place squash in medium pot. Cover with cold water and bring to boil over medium heat. Cook at gently rolling boil until soft.
- Use immersion blender or cuisinart to purée until smooth.
- Add butter, splash of cream and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.