- Season catfish filets liberally with salt and pepper, then cook. Coquette hot smokes the fish with pecan wood at 225 degrees for 2 hours, until just cooked through. Alternatives to smoking the fish: charcoal grill or oven bake at 250 degrees, until just cooked through. Place in refrigerator to cool completely.
- While fish is cooling, whisk together all ingredients for lime dressing. Set aside.
- Once cool, place fish in food processor and purée for 30 seconds. It will still be chunky. Add remaining dip ingredients and pulse until smooth, about 30 more seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate if not using immediately. When ready to serve, allow to come to room temperature for 15 minutes to soften slightly.
- Toss first 4 salad ingredients with lime dressing.
- Place salad in a serving bowl with a large scoop of catfish dip. Garnish with orange and freshly grated horseradish. Serve with a sliced baguette or crackers.