- Prepare gas or charcoal grill (Note: Grilled flavor is greatly enhanced by the use of hardwood charcoal).
- Prepare asparagus by breaking the stem end where it naturally snaps. Toss in olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Place asparagus over hot grill. Cover and cook approximately 2 minutes. Determine when asparagus is done by removing one and tasting. Remove asparagus to serving platter.
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese, pistachios, and ham over asparagus. Splash over additional olive oil and vinegar as needed.
- As an option, use a mandolin to shave radish over dish to finish.