CHEF TIP /// Achieve the ideal crispy crust with a pizza stone. A pizza peel (sold
in hardware and cookware stores) is very helpful for easy transfer, but you can get by with an upside-down baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal to keep dough from sticking.
- Prepare dough (use preferred pizza dough recipe or Satterfield’s recipe).
- Brush peach halves with oil. Set on grill grates and grill until slightly charred on all sides. Slice in ½-inch wedges.
- Place pizza stone on grates and heat gas grill to 500 degrees, or hottest temperature. Prepare crust according to directions in Eggplant Pizza with Summer Herbs and Mozzarella.
- Spread dough with ricotta cheese to edges. Top with peach slices; sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill, according to eggplant pizza recipe, until bottom is browned (run under broiler if top is undercooked). After cooking, sprinkle with salt, drizzle with honey, and scatter with torn basil leaves. Grind black pepper over top. Cut in wedges and serve.