- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the eggs and buttermilk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and thoroughly blend.
- Form the hush puppies by hand into round balls and place on a dry sheet pan.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat about two inches of oil to 350 degrees. Add the hush puppies to the skillet and fry for 3−5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm on a plate drizzled with espresso aioli and topped with a drizzle of sorghum and a sprinkling of peanut butter powder.
*Espresso aioli / whisk wasabi powder into freshly brewed espresso until completely smooth. Add your mayonnaise of choice until desired flavor is reached.
**Peanut butter powder is available at specialty food stores and online at amazon.com.