- Position racks in center and bottom third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly butter and flour 2 9-inch cake pans (buttered and floured parchment rounds optional).
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, hand stir bananas, pineapple, oil, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, folding together by hand with a spatula until smooth. Fold in pecans. Spread batter evenly into the 2 cake pans.
- Bake for 30−35 minutes, until center springs back when pressed. Transfer to wire racks to cool for 10 minutes. Invert on racks (removing parchment if using) and cool completely.
- To make icing, beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer set to high until combined. Lower speed to low and gradually beat in sugar and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- To frost cake, place one layer upside down on serving platter. Spread with about 2/3 cup of icing, then add second layer, right side up. Spread remaining icing over top and sides. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 day. Allow cake to stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Garnish with edible flowers and enjoy.