- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and position rack in center of oven for baking.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl until blended; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and melted butter at medium speed until creamy. Add pineapple, bananas, coconut, pecans, and vanilla, stirring until well blended.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moist.
- Fill 18 paper-lined muffin cups about ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely before frosting.
- Spread about 2 to 3 tablespoons frosting over top of each cupcake. Garnish with dried pineapple.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat first 4 ingredients on medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar to butter mixture, alternating with cream, but beginning and ending with powdered sugar. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Add more cream and/or powdered sugar as needed to reach the desired creamy spreading consistency.