- Combine beans, 2 teaspoons baking soda, and 6 cups water in large bowl and refrigerate 12 hours. After beans have soaked, drain and place in large sauce pan.
- Add 10 cups water, garlic, and 1 teaspoon baking soda to pan with beans. Turn heat to medium, bring water to simmer, then cover and cook for 1 hour, stirring approximately every 20 minutes. Beans should be just splitting apart and have very creamy texture.Drain excess liquid from pan into bowl and reserve. Place beans and garlic in food processor while warm and purée for 15 minutes.
- While food processor is running, add reserved cooking liquid, lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Process until very smooth. Slowly pour in tahini and then olive oil. Hummus should be light and airy. Note: Hummus is best served warm that day but can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- To plate, place approximately 1 cup hummus on plate and use large spoon to make well in center. Pour ¼ cup of thinned Tahini Sauce in center of well. Garnish with chopped parsley and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Place tahini in standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment and whip for 5 minutes on high speed.
- Add lemon juice slowly while whipping then drizzle cold water and salt into bowl. Occasionally stop mixer and scrape bowl with rubber spatula to ensure even mixing.
- To thin sauce to drizzle over hummus, add additional ¼ cup cold water to tahini.
Garlic Lemon Juice
- Crush unpeeled garlic cloves with knife and place in blender with lemon juice. Blend on highest setting for 3 minutes.
- Once blended, let mixture rest for 30 minutes, then strain through fine mesh strainer.