- Place large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil. Once hot, add parsnips. Cook until golden brown, remove from oil, and cool.
- Remove ribs from kale and stack leaves. Using a very sharp knife, julienne as thinly as possible.
- Place kale in large mixing bowl. Add Candied Almonds, raisins, ricotta, and Pickled Mustard Seeds. Salt lightly, then add small amounts of Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette and apple cider vinegar to taste. Toss vigorously to combine. Top with parsnips and serve.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Combine sugar, salt, water, and cinnamon stick in small pan set over medium heat. Cook until thermometer registers 250 degrees.
- Add baking soda and fold in nuts, then transfer to baking sheet and bake until golden brown and not sticky. Remove pan from oven and let cool.
Pickled Mustard Seeds
- Combine all ingredients in medium pan set over medium heat. Simmer at 190 degrees until mustard seeds are plump and liquid adheres to seeds without dripping off, approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from stove and let mixture cool.
- Combine all ingredients and set aside.