- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove beet stems.
- Place beets in pot, cover, and roast for 20 minutes. Remove, peel off skins, and slice thin.
- In a saucepot over medium-high heat, bring vinegar, sugar, and pickling spice to a boil.
- Dissolve sugar and strain over 3 separate containers of red onion, beets, and carrots.
- Cover each and set aside.
- Whisk vinegar in a bowl with mustard and thyme.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil. Add salt and pepper.
Chicken Breast Skins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pat chicken breast skins dry.
- Bake skins on parchment paper-lined sheet pan for 15 minutes.
- Place balsamic vinegar in a saucepan. Reduce to 1½ ounces over low heat.
- Pull Bibb leaves and place on a platter.
- Place sliced beets on top of leaves and drizzle with vinaigrette and balsamic vinegar.
- Put pickled vegetables and chicken skins around edge of platter.