- In a blender, puree the buttermilk, garlic, ginger, peppers, cilantro, mint, and salt until smooth.
- Place the chicken in a large glass dish or bowl. Pour the buttermilk puree over the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- To fry the chicken, fill a large (12-inch) cast-iron skillet with ⅓ inch oil and gently heat to 350 degrees. Set a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- While the oil is heating, remove the chicken from the buttermilk puree, gently shake off excess, and dredge each piece in flour.
- Place the chicken in the skillet, skin side down; the oil should come halfway up the pan. Cook the chicken until it turns golden brown, 4 minutes per side.
- Drain the chicken on the rack and drizzle with the melted coconut oil. While the chicken is draining, crisp the curry leaves by frying in the oil until crisp, 10–15 seconds.
- Garnish with the fried curry leaves and mango drizzle.
Note: This is a two-part recipe. The chicken marinates for 24 hours, so plan accordingly.