- Dissolve yeast, water and sugar together and let sit about 5 minutes.
- Scald milk, remove from heat, and add butter and sugar. Allow to cool.
- Add eggs and salt into milk mixture. Combine milk and yeast mixtures together and begin to add flour one cup at a time. Once flour is added, be sure to scrape down sides of mixing bowl to make sure no bits are left behind.
- Allow to rise in large bowl or tub until doubled. Place in fridge and allow to fully cool before using.
- To build the klobasneks, roll the dough to approximately a ⅜-inch thickness into a large, rectangular shape and cut into 5-inch strips.
- Cut the strips into triangles that are 5 inches tall, with the base of the triangle as wide as the sausage, approximately 2 inches.
- Place the smokie at the point of the triangle and wrap the dough around it until you are at the base of the triangle, wrapping the dough around the smokie like a blanket. (The finished product will have the sausage peeking out on both sides.)
- Beat the egg together with ½ cup milk to create egg wash. Using a brush, coat the outside of the dough with egg wash, then place in the refrigerator to chill before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees until you’ve achieved a nice golden color. Place onto a wire rack to drain fat after baking and let cool. Serve.