- For dough, place all ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until mixture comes together.
- Form into a disk, wrap tightly with plastic, and allow dough to rest for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out dough on a floured surface to the desired shape and place in pie pan. Poke dough in several areas with a fork, cover with parchment paper, and fill with pie weights (or rice or beans). Par-bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and cool.
Remove pie weights and parchment paper.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- For filling, whisk egg whites to stiff peaks in a clean bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining filling ingredients together. Fold in egg whites and gently mix until combined. Pour mixture into the par-baked pie crust and bake for about 20 minutes, until set.
- For candied blood orange topping, slice 2 blood oranges paper thin and reserve. Take the other two oranges and cut off the outside peel and pith, making a supreme.
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the slices for 10 seconds. Remove immediately to a bath of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain from ice water and reserve.
- Add sugar and water to a pot and set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, allowing the sugar to dissolve. Add orange slices and simmer for 30 minutes, until the pith is translucent. Remove slices and place on a tray to allow to dry overnight.
- To serve, place candied blood oranges on top of pie with supremes in the middle. Serve each slice with a scoop of salted caramel ice cream.