- Husk and clean corn. Cut tops of kernels off cobs then, using the back of the knife, scrape the sweet corn milk from cobs. Set aside.
- Dice bacon and cook until crispy in a large sauté pan. Remove and drain, reserving fat in pan. Add onion and 2 tablespoons butter to pan. Cover and cook on medium-low heat until soft and translucent.
- While onions are cooking, roast red pepper on an open flame until black on all sides. Place pepper in a paper bag to steam and loosen skin for 5 minutes. Scrub off the black skin under running water and finely dice.
- Add corn kernels and milk to cooked onions with 2 teaspoons creole seasoning. Cook on medium heat uncovered, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan often. When the corn has cooked for about 5 minutes, add tomatoes, tasso, green onions, and remaining 2 teaspoons creole seasoning. Continue cooking until tomatoes start to break down, about 5 minutes. Add diced red peppers and heavy cream.
- Increase heat to medium and add sausage and crawfish. Cook for 3 minutes then stir in remaining tablespoon of butter, bacon, and chopped herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice.