- Shuck oysters to remove meat, reserving the 30 nicest shell halves. Rinse oysters in a bowl of salt and water. Refrigerate. Rinse shells to remove grit.
- For cabbage salsa, combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roast poblanos until skin is charred. Put peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 5 minutes, then rinse to remove skin and seeds, and dice.
- In a large sauté pan, cook bacon and onion together until bacon starts to brown and becomes crisp. Add diced roasted poblanos. Stir to incorporate.
- Turn off flame. Add Pernod. Turn heat back on to burn off some of the alcohol for about 30 seconds. Add cream. Bring to boil, then simmer for about 3 minutes to thicken. Add 1−2 tablespoons roux to thicken. Immediately add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add Manchego. Remove from heat. Transfer to bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Lay out 30 shell halves on baking sheet. Add 1 oyster to each half and then top with a tablespoon of spinach-bacon mixture. Make sure the mix is distributed evenly.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook. Add a teaspoon of bread crumbs to each oyster. Bake at 375 degrees for 8−10 minutes until oysters are bubbly hot and bread crumbs are browned.
- Serve oysters with lemon on a bed of cabbage salsa.