- In a medium pot, sauté diced pancetta with olive oil over medium heat until fat is rendered and pancetta is brown and crispy, 5-8 minutes.
- Drain fat from pancetta reserving ½ ounce. In the same pan, add garlic with reserved pancetta drippings and sauté, 1-2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and pancetta and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Add roux to thicken. To finish, add spinach, Parmesan, and lemon juice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, lemon zest, and chives.
- Open single oysters and lay on sheet pan. It is okay to pour off some liquid but leave some so oysters do not dry out during cooking.
- Top each oyster with 1 tablespoon of spinach mix and sprinkle breadcrumbs mixture over each.
- Roast at 450 degrees or grill (with shut lid) until mix begins to bubble. Serve.