- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9 x 13 cake pan
- In medium saucepan, bring parsnips and milk to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand to cool.
- Drain parsnips, and then place in blender. Pulse until smooth then add eggs one at a time, blending until smooth after each addition.
- Add sugar, oil, salt, ground spices, and almond extract to blender, and blend on high speed until very smooth. Pour into large mixing bowl.
- Sift together flour and baking powder over parsnip mixture. Using large spatula, fold together until well combined.
- Pour batter into cake pan, and bake until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean, approximately 45 to 50 minutes. Rotate pan halfway through baking.