- Toss grated parsnips with salt and allow to sit at room temperature 10 minutes.
- In separate bowl, mix together cornmeal, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk, then add salted parsnips and mix to combine. Fold in dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into heated, oiled cast-iron pan, making small silver dollar sized pancakes. Cook until sides of cakes begin to brown and centers start to bubble, then flip over and continue cooking until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with spoonful of crème fraîche, generous dollop of trout roe, and sprinkling of chives.