- Combine crumbs, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add butter and stir until crumbs clump when squeezed. Pour crumbs into pie tin and press into sides and bottom to form tight and compact crust. Refrigerate or freeze for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine milk and vanilla bean in heavy-bottomed saucepan and heat on medium. Meanwhile, combine eggs and yolks in medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in another bowl and mix. Combine egg mixture with sugar mixture and whisk until very smooth.
- When milk has come to scald, pour over egg mixture while stirring continuously.
Pour back into saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until it thickens and reaches a light simmer. Continuously stir to prevent custard from scorching.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter until melted. Chill cream over ice bath and reserve.
Filling and Assembly
- Bake crumb crust until lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Let crust cool.
- Meanwhile, combine peaches and sugar and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Combine heavy cream and powdered sugar and whisk to soft peaks.
- Spoon even layer of peaches with some of syrup they have generated into bottom of crumb crust. Top peaches with about 1–1¼ cups pastry cream, or until completely covered.
- Top pastry cream with whipped cream and smooth until pretty. Let sit at least 1 hour for all components to set.