Jimmy’s Best Brownies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix melted butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time until incorporated. Mix in cocoa and mix well until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and then add to egg mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Pour batter into a 13 X 9 X 2 inch greased pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until set.
- Heat a heavy bottom, non-reactive pot over medium heat for about five minutes.
- Add sugar and fruit all at once. If it starts to smoke, remove pot from heat.
- Gently stir as sugar melts. Add scraped vanilla bean. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Cut cooled brownies into 2 inch squares.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo on work surface and use a pastry brush to gently brush with melted butter. Lay another sheet of phyllo on top of the first and brush with butter. Cut phyllo into four even squares.
- Place one brownie on each phyllo square and top each brownie with one tablespoon of strawberry confiture, peanut butter, and a few chocolate chips.
- Cinch dough around brownies like a little purse and chill until ready to serve.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about five minutes until dough starts to brown. Serve with favorite ice cream.