- Bring a medium pot of heavily salted water to a boil.
- In a sauté pan, toast peppercorns, mustard seed, caraway seed, fennel seed, and cumin seed.
- Add ramps to the boiling water and cook for 30 seconds—so they are still crisp but tenderized. Using a slotted spoon, transfer ramps to an ice bath to cool.
- Drain and place ramps into a sterilized quart glass jar with lid.
- In a small pot, bring the remaining ingredients and the toasted spices to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve the salt and sugar, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately pour mixture over ramps and seal the jar.
- Allow ramps to cool to room temperature and refrigerate until needed.