- Mix all together and set aside.
- Bring water and milk to a boil in a saucepan.
- Slowly stir in the grits and salt.
- Turn down the heat to very low. Stir often and add liquid if needed. Let cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pimento cheese. Keep warm.
- Soak quail overnight in buttermilk.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, cayenne pepper, and corn flakes.
- Drain quail and dip quarters into flour mixture.
- Heat grapeseed oil in cast iron skillet.
- Fry the quail until golden brown (approximately 2 minutes per side). Rest on paper towels on tray and keep warm.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil with vinegar.
- Carefully crack each egg into the water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove each egg with a slotted spoon and place in ice-cold water.
- Set out 8 bowls. In each, place a serving spoon of warm grits, a quail leg, and a quail breast.
- Carefully put the eggs back in the hot water for 30 seconds. Remove with slotted spoon and place in bowls.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over egg and sprinkle with chopped parsley.