For the Pimiento Cheese
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. You will have more than needed for the wontons (yay!).
For the Wontons
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with the water to make an egg wash and set aside.
- To assemble the wontons, place a wonton wrapper on a flat counter surface.
- Add heaping teaspoon of pimento cheese to center of the wrapper.
- Dip a finger or brush in the egg wash and “paint” all four edges of wrapper with the wash.
- Fold wonton in half, corner to opposite corner, to make a triangle. Seal tightly all around. Make sure there are no air pockets or holes in the wonton.
- Fold the longer two triangle points together and seal to make the wonton shape.
- Add 1 to 1 ½ inches of cooking oil to a cast iron skillet or wok and heat to 375 degrees.
- Add a few wontons to the oil to fry, turning occasionally until they are golden brown. Remove them to a draining rack placed over a baking sheet to drain excess oil.
- Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.